Holts Summit, Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Ordered last year, was supposed to be installed in August, but due to availability we got pushed to this season. I forgot to take a picture when they came out to mark the spot, so will start with the one after they came out to play the base. Unfortunately, it seems like they are only coming out on days I am at work (12 hour shifts make it harder) So what is getting installed is a 21' round resin above ground pool with a sand filter and SWG. Our previous pool was an Intex 18x52 also with a sand filter and SWG. As seen here...received_709147909543011.jpeg

Unfortunately, that one developed major leakage problems when we set it up last summer, filled it then came out the next morning and it was already down about a foot of water. But, at least we already knew that we wanted a pool with a saltwater system.

1618490405002.png

This is where we are at now, will update as I can.

What pretty grass! You've got great back ground green around your pool site too. I bet its gorgeous to float in and relax among all those trees.

Maddie ✌️
Have Ya'll fooled, SOOOOO many weeds, just happened to get my patch of actual grass that is fertilized constantly by my 3 small monsters. I have cut my weeds/grass inside the fence 3 times already...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kimkats
Due to rain 🌧️ they have still only laid the base, so I thought I would add a pic with the opposite view, facing the house. Planning on replacing the speakers, so have not messed with hiding the wires that have fallen out, that section of siding was replaced last year after the hail storm. Hoping to be able to fit these speakers into the budget to replace the ones that are up(they have a somewhat tinny sound, not much bass) receiver is in the garage with an Amazon input attached to it for streaming music.
1618835208790.png

Will try again at home, will ask the wife to take more pictures also.

Link didn't work...will have to resize pictures, says they are too big.

If link doesn't work I will try to resize pics tomorrow or Friday.

Last edited:
So I get the pics are too big error all the time. So here are my steps to get around it:

1. Take pic
2. Take screen shot of pic
3. Crop
4. Post cropped pic using the rectangle icon (vs using attach files)

If you find an easier work around let me know! It's a bit of a pain to do this everytime.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I get the pics are too big error all the time. So here are my steps to get around it:

1. Take pic
2. Take screen shot of pic
3. Crop
4. Post cropped pic using the rectangle icon (vs using attach files)

If you find an easier work around let me know! It's a bit of a pain to do this everytime.
I used Microsoft Paint, in the new Paint 3d the resize is under the canvas tool. I just did a save as back on top of original in this case because I have the high res photos also on my phone at this point if I need them. I still use the insert image button instead of attach file.

Reactions: Snoobug
Back out next day, did the Pool Crete, will post pictures in a bit, have to resize... My only worry (my first pool install) is the rough edge near the bottom right in the picture.

PoolCrete1.jpg

Last edited:
@YippeeSkippy got close. It is called a "cove" The foam cove is the best and easiest way to go but if you don't have it then you can get some sand and "make" the cove out of it. Here is a good link that talks about the cove:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.