Census Poll on Intex Users

Didnt your pool come with 2 black plastic plugs? They fit on the inside into the inlet/outlet ports.

Or maybe a solid rubber ball slightly bigger than the hole would work.

Or, you could lift your old pump to above the water level of the pool, open the air valve, change out the pump and put it back on the ground {let the air out!}

First post here, but I've been a member for quite some time. Bought the 18x52 ultra frame last year... upgraded from our original 18' easy set (blue blob), which lasted us around 4 years, so we got our money's worth out of that one. I started using the BBB method with the first intex and it worked wonderful, saved me tons of money and kept me from making costly "pool store" mistakes. The ultra frame came with the combo pump and SWG and I absolutely love it! I've never had my chlorine levels stay so constant. I loved the bleach, but this is even better and a lot cheaper. I'm down to running the generator only about 2 hours a day, even in the hot Texas sun. I do run the pump about 8-10 hours a day. For those who have asked, we leave the pool up through the winter, but we do not have a lot of hard freezes in our area. Before a freeze, I do unhook the pump and hoses and drain them completely and put them in a shed. I'm sure the hoses full of water would freeze easily. As for keeping a cover on, I just toss a bunch of big beach balls into the pool then cover it. They raise the cover enough so it stays on tight and the rain water doesn't collect in the center.

I'm all for a separate section of the forum for Intex specific questions--I think that is a great idea! As cheap as these pools are, I'll probably never buy a "real" pool. At around $700 for the pool, pump, SWG, vacuum, leaf net, cover, skimmer, volleyball set, and cheap ladder-if it lasts us 4 or 5 years that's a great deal. And if I get too old or too tired to deal with a pool, out it goes with no $regrets$.

ob1quixote said:
Didnt your pool come with 2 black plastic plugs? They fit on the inside into the inlet/outlet ports.

Or maybe a solid rubber ball slightly bigger than the hole would work.

Or, you could lift your old pump to above the water level of the pool, open the air valve, change out the pump and put it back on the ground {let the air out!}

I believe the new hoses are bigger so the whole fitting needs to come out? Need to look at things closer when it finally arrives. I guess also that's where my son will come in handy, plugging the holes while putting the new fittings through!! Thanks for the response. :cheers:

you will love the SWG! my water stays perfect! but i'm definately upgrading the 2000gal/hr pump that came with my 16x48 ultra frame. way underpowered for circulation and cant really use an above ground vacuum because there isnt enough suction. :x

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
skydiva44 said:
Hey js...I have the pool with the blown up ring at the top, do you think that light would fit properly over that? Thanks!

yes it should work. as long as the magnets are lined up with each other both on the inside and outside. the magnets are strong and you will feel them grab when they are lined up perfectly.

Hi,
My name is Andrea, I'm new on here. I just got an Intex pool. 18x48, first one. Haven't got it up yet but have the ground work done. This is kind of a trial, wanted bigger but thought I'd try this first. Will probably go bigger and ultra in a couple of years if I like this pool. Haven't quite decided but am thinking about getting the salt thing. What do you all think about these? Good, bad or indifferent? I for one am glad to see you guys on here since I've had lots of questions which you all have pretty much answered for me. Thanks :wink:

andyino said:
Hi,
My name is Andrea, I'm new on here. I just got an Intex pool. 18x48, first one. Haven't got it up yet but have the ground work done. This is kind of a trial, wanted bigger but thought I'd try this first. Will probably go bigger and ultra in a couple of years if I like this pool. Haven't quite decided but am thinking about getting the salt thing. What do you all think about these? Good, bad or indifferent? I for one am glad to see you guys on here since I've had lots of questions which you all have pretty much answered for me. Thanks :wink:

hi, the SWG is well worth the investment! i added the 120lbs of salt the very first day, $6/bag at home depot. i add 1/2 bag of pool shock a week, $3-$4 at walmart and thats all i have done. look at this pic i took about 6 weeks ago. the water still looks like that today![attachment=0:1n5r223t]61349.jpg[/attachment:1n5r223t]

Attachments

• 61349.jpg
    61349.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 339
Yes TFP needs an Intex sub forum all it's own!!!!

My first 15' blob got killed due to a litter of pups being unsupervised during closing. (take down) I had to wait to long after rain stopped the drying/cleanup process. And they chewed up more than I could fix or patch.

Went with the 18' x 42" this year and switched to the BBB method. Tho I really have not have any green issues either season. This has dropped the cost of the pool to about 10 or 15 bucks a month in filters and bleach. To keep the pool clean and clear.

Easy sets are great pools not just for starters. But also anyone that has the space and desire for a bit of sparkly pool syndrome.

andyino said:
Hi,

Like jsf said, it's great. I've had mine about a week now, run the generator for 4 hours at night, and all the test readings are ideal. I also added 120lbs of salt to start out with. Good luck, you'll love it!! :cheers:

i cannot comment on the 18ft but another guy wrote on amazon that he did a dry run first be putting together the top railing without the liner so that he could get an idea as to where the legs would sit on the ground. he marked the spots and then took everything back apart. extra work but it gave him the exact location of the legs in relation to the spot he prepared to put the pool down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.