Cellulose fiber vs D.E.

I've been using it for a few years now.

Seems to filter as well as DE.

Doesn't leave the white crust where I backwash -- it does break down and disappear into the grass

By the same token, it also starts to break down within the filter. Gets sticky, doesn't backwash well. I usually blast the grids clean with a hose every time. Maybe if I backwashed more frequently...

When the pressure rises 25%, its time to backwash. Not next week when it's more convenient. Now. Once it rises, it just skyrockets and the return flow gets visibly slower.

Reactions: Ignoramus
I have had a good experience with cellulose and have been using it for about three seasons. I find it filters better than DE, evidenced by very few particles visible by the pool lights at night, but your filter may need more frequent back washing due to this. It is safer to work with since it is organic, but I still would avoid mistakenly inhaling it.

Reactions: Ignoramus
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.