CC really high

Windylou

Silver Supporter
May 11, 2017
Groveton, Tx
We are SLAMMING, which seems like it’s taking forever. We are on day 13.... Raise it to SLAM level at least twice per day, on the weekends I try to keep it that way constantly. Brushed and raked daily. Backwash about every 2 or 3 days. CC is typically .5-1.5, hasn’t passed the overnight test yet. One big issue we’ve run into is finding liquid chlorine. Most stores have limits on bleach, we did find one that let us get all we wanted & you can only imagine the dirty looks we were getting while checking out with our 20 bottles of bleach. That still only lasted about 4 days. Anyways, added 3 bottles of bleach around 5pm. No sun today, very cloudy. 3 hours later testing has FC at 18, CYA 50 & CC is 10! I’ve never seen it that high. So we’re adding our last 2 bottles of bleach now to raise it, but why on earth is CC so high??

Check your testing protocol. That high a CC can only be due to things you cannot have in your pool with that much FC.

I'd suspect testing error for the 10 CC, too.

Just a thought..... when you add drops to get it clear, and you wait, does it turn pink again and do you add more drops?

And people in the past have had trouble with CC that turned out to be residue from a dirty tube. Try really scrubbing it out and let it dry completely before the next test.

Also be aware that non-chlorine "shock" containing monopersulfate reads as CC without a special reagent. So if you've been using something other than bleach to make it stretch without adding CYA, check the labels.

Pretty much, the only thing that is going to get the CC to 10 is sulfamic acid (such as Jack's #2 copper and scale stuff).

If you haven't used sulfamic acid, the CC is highly unlikely.

Thanks for all the feedback. I’m going to chuck it up to user error.lol. I never use anything to slam except liquid chlorine & bleach. Just retested after adding the last of the bleach over an hour ago, FC 23 & CC .5, definitely user error... Any thoughts on the SLAM taking so long? Pool is gorgeous, just cloudy.

No, I haven’t. I even have some that I was using for something else. I just haven’t researched it enough to feel comfortable with it. I will look into that a little more. I told those babies it would be about a week & here we are at two. Thank goodness, it’s raining this weekend. That should buy me a little more time. We’ll be off on a chlorine hunt in the am.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.