Cc > 1 today

Jul 7, 2012
Québec, Canada
Cya 15
FC 7.2
TC 8.5

400 gallon kiddie pool.
Looks clear but no filtration.

I'm shocking it tonight up to 10 FC since one of our kids had an accident in the water :)
I cleaned everything up but I don't have filtration other than a net. Without filtration will the CC always climb or will shocking it reduce it?

Fwiw, I change the water every 3-4 weeks as it starts to get cloudy from dirt, soil, etc. then...

CC comes from the reaction of chlorine and pee. Or sweat. Or snot. Or most anything organic.

Bleach and sunlight will neutralize it. Filtration or lack thereof has nothing to do with chemical levels. Except maybe things are mixed better in a pool with a pump.

How do you measure CYA of 15 since CYA test tubes start at 30? The reason I ask is CYA level is important to say what the shock FC level should be. See [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] chart.

How much CYA did you add and what does PoolMath say your CYA level should be for that amount?

Well [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] says a CYA of 20 has a shock FC of 10.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.