CC 1 to 2 ppm

Rockelk

Mar 7, 2021
Phoenix Az
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Given: a 12000 gallon pool, a pH of 7.6, a FC of 4 to 5 ppm a CC of 1 to 2. I shocked yesterday with 1.5 # of 67% hypo and the water went a little cloudy but i could make out the drain ring in the bottom of the pool. This morning the cloudy is about half as cloudy as yesterday but the CC is still not down to what i would like. What to do?

I see in another thread you have a TF100. I will assume you used that for those test results. It does not end in results with a range.

If you have a CC of 2, you have an organics issue in your water. If the water is cloudy, that most likely means algae.

EDIT - Cal Hypo should be a crime to sell in the Phoenix area. Do not use products that contain calcium. That may have also contributed to your cloudy water if your TA is elevated. Please post a full set of test results.

Follow the SLAM Process

I see in another thread you have a TF100. I will assume you used that for those test results. It does not end in results with a range.

If you have a CC of 2, you have an organics issue in your water. If the water is cloudy, that most likely means algae.

EDIT - Cal Hypo should be a crime to sell in the Phoenix area. Do not use products that contain calcium. That may have also contributed to your cloudy water if your TA is elevated. Please post a full set of test results.

Follow the SLAM Process
Using TP-100, Currently: FC is at 4-5 ppm, pH 7.6, CH 250, TA 110, CYA 80, the CC is what I am having trouble with. The CC end point goes clear and then a slight pink tint reappears within 30 seconds again and again. should I ignore the successive reappearances? thanks.

should I ignore the successive reappearances?
yes. Once the sample goes clear (FC or CC), the test is over.

You show a FC as a range. That is not how the test works.

Your FC is far too low for the CYA level you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.