Caught 'Hot Tub Lung' disease without even swimming - Non-chlorine based pool sanitation

Costas > DownUnder

Bronze Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Adelaide | Australia
This article has just recently appeared on various news outlets and other various media platforms Down-Under.....

Family suffers from Hot Tub Lung disease

Timely warning regarding the use on non chlorine based sanitation systems.

"Further questioning identified that the family’s indoor swimming pool had recently transitioned from chlorine-based sanitation to a non-chlorine based (Perox and hybrid ozone) infiltration system," the study authors wrote. This alternative method for disinfecting pools combines hydrogen peroxide with ozone — a gas made of three oxygen atoms per molecule — to increase oxygen levels in water, according to Hydroxypure, a company that produces a version of the chlorine-free system.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
Did anybody read the link provided to a peroxide based "sanitation" system?... hmmmm. I wonder if the Australian Health Department recognizes that as a form of "sanitation". From all the stuff I have read here, it is not considered a form of sanitation in the US. It looks like that company has a presence in the US too.

When we were looking for a house in 2012, we saw a house that had a large hot tub inside the enclosed back porch. You could feel the humidity all through the house. The ceiling in the primary bedroom was actually sagging. I can see how that kid got sick from just being in the room next door.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.