unbrokenlink

Jul 13, 2022
Boca Raton, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’ve been using a poolpure replacement filter from Amazon for a few months now and I’m not sure the filtration is as good as the unicell I previously used or pleatco. Anyone else have experience with different quality in catridges?

Yes, quality does vary with non-OEM filter cartridges. What do the Amazon reviews say?

the reviews are good on it. But I feel like I have to clean it twice a month or the pool just gets dirty. Granted I’m in south Florida and it’s been unusually rainy and windy so maybe it’s just extra dirty and the filter is doing just fine?

A 120 sq ft cartridge filter is about the smallest you can get. Florida builders seem to like installing the smallest filter they can. Maybe so that they can then make a lot on filter cleaning services.

We always recommend getting the largest filter you can. A 400-500 sq ft filter can need cleaning once a season or once a year.

I actually just posted asking about the PoolPure cartridges. The OEM are sold at local supply store for $230 (to be shipped to home). But the PoolPure are sold for $165 on Amazon, and OEM aren’t much more expensive so I’m not sure if it’s worth saving the 50 or so bucks by going with the cheaper PoolPure model. Reading your post, I’m now hesitant.