Cartridge filter

richardje

May 7, 2020
burbank ca
I have a Summer Waves 10,000 gallon pool and the tiny filter/pump wasn't cutting it. I got hold of a Jandy Stealth pump and an upright cartridge filter from Sta-Rite. I am losing good suction after if runs for a day but the filter is not clogged with debris so I can't figure out the issue. My pool was did have tons of algae so I ended up dumping the water and starting fresh. I wonder if I killed the filter cartridge since even after soaking it in cleaning solution it still loses good suction after a day or so.
Any ideas for me? Thanks

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Based on what you're experiencing, I believe the first place we would start is a full set of test results from a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C test kit. While a full water exchange probably helped considerably, there may still be some organic material affecting your filter, even if you can't see it with the naked eye. Also tell us how you usually chlorinate your water.

You should also consider updating your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. It will help us later as we answer questions. See mine as an example. Have a nice weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.