Cartridge filter

Perpetual summer

Silver Supporter
Feb 17, 2017
Ohio
Last year I didn’t need to clean my cartridge filter at all till seasons end. This year I need to clean it again, third time. It slows down and causes a no flow on my SWG. This year has been terrible with seeds and tree blossoms. I have been using the hair nets in skimmer baskets and replacing every two days. Also my filter is oversized for my pool. Is anyone else find it out of ordinary this year or am I missing something when I clean?

Ok, I did the OCLT and it looked like I passed it (.5 ). However thinking about it, it could have gone either way. Using the 10mm sample if you put the last drop in slowly in a second or two it will turn clear. But if you put the drops in rather fast if will require another drop to clear....making it ( 1.0) fc loss. Is there a rule of thumb, apply drops 1 a second or 2 a second? If you have to use 20 or 30 drops that would seem to take a long time. Any way playing the side of caution I started a slam and after a couple of days I cleaned the filter one more time. I have the clean and clear by pentair and on the center pipe just inside the large top spring is a screened filter, what is it’s purpose? Each time I cleaned filter it was caked with debris, could that slow water flow?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.