Caretaker sorta not working

Jun 9, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Inherited/bought a pool in 2006. It has a in floor Caretaker system that is not really working. How is this piece of equipment taken out or disconnected to the other equipment? The head has been replaced 2x. One of the floor values popped out and is stripped and no longer available. One doesn't pop up at all and the one in the shallower end pops up a little bit but does not rotate. I'm so done with this thing.

You can't remove the system completely without destroying the pool.

Do you have a separate set of wall returns that are not part of the Caretaker system? I always recommend having this loop for reasons just like this. If you do not, then you do not have much choice but to get the caretaker functional to maintain circulation.

You can't remove the system completely without destroying the pool.

Do you have a separate set of wall returns that are not part of the Caretaker system? I always recommend having this loop for reasons just like this. If you do not, then you do not have much choice but to get the caretaker functional to maintain circulation.
I have 3 return jets, 1 wall skimmer and 1 main drain. I use a Tiger Shark robotic cleaner and also good old fsahioned suction pole with hose and net. One of the pool guys told me and I don't know if it is true or he's full of it, that the next time I have liner replaced, they can cap off the 3 floor jets and then can take out the caretaker itself. It has pipes running over to the main unit and head and then the larger one from that going into the ground and I suppose over to the pool. On the side where these 3 pipes are is my chlorinator. I want to remodel the pool anyway. Well, when I win the lottery or a long lost relative names me as sole beneficiary to a multi million $ estate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.