Can't wrap my head around price!!!

In Austin, it's Dang expensive because of the limestone (Dig down 6"-12" anywhere here and you will need the real heavy excavator working for a week straight). If you're looking for anything decent here it'll be above 6 figures. We were (wisely) advised to leave 20-40% buffer for any alterations...we definitely ate that up. Between various water features, upgrading the plaster coating, coping adding more decking and the plethora of post inspection callouts (fencing, hand rails, equipment shed and don't forget FURNITURE....) the surplus helped. It was nice buying a 2nd "house" for my backyard. :)

I got a bunch of bids in DFW last fall/winter and the basic price for pool with spa starts at 45-55k.... Realistically the average pool/spa in this area is ~75k. Go bigger pool/decking other features price just goes up and up.

It doesn't seem reasonable considering the return if you sell a property with pool already installed. I wonder what kind of margins these companies are making. Also wonder why more of the cost doesn't turn into value when selling property. Oh well... I hope to enjoy my new pool in a month or so for many years.

I got a quote in 2003 for a basic pool for $26k. My current pool started at $62k and we wrote a checks up to the end taking it to about $70k. I am still buying pool stuff and still need to landscape. I got an appraisal recently and when I sell the house someone is getting a free pool😂

Reactions: Newdude
I got a bunch of bids in DFW last fall/winter and the basic price for pool with spa starts at 45-55k.... Realistically the average pool/spa in this area is ~75k. Go bigger pool/decking other features price just goes up and up.

It doesn't seem reasonable considering the return if you sell a property with pool already installed. I wonder what kind of margins these companies are making. Also wonder why more of the cost doesn't turn into value when selling property. Oh well... I hope to enjoy my new pool in a month or so for many years.

All of this. Our lowest bid was $55K and there were several companies that wouldn’t even come out for less than $70-90K. Our build includes pool only, no spa and I plan on living here now until carried out. :)

Wow! After reading all of these posts re; pool build cost(s), I would venture to say that I received a heck of a deal?!?! Or, as one poster stated, I was serendipitous by having my pool built in January of 2019. I would consider our pool on the smaller side due to typical Arizona backyard size. 25.5' X 15', 70 ft. perimeter w/ around 350 sq. ft. of concrete decking. We came in at just under $35K. The water fall / Grotto / slide was $7K of the cost. I also had an additional cost for hitting Caliche ($1700 Cash). All in after water was in totalled $36,404. After I completed paint, electrical, plumbing, vegetation, Pergola, shower, low voltage lighting and synthetic grass, our total cost was 55K. I cannot imagine what it would cost now with everything that has transpired in the last 6 months!! Not to mention getting the pool itself built in 48 days!

Reactions: Kahler33
My PB was middle of the road on cost compared to the other two qoutes and told me bluntly that "the days of a full pool for 30k are gone". The lowest qoute I got for 15x30 Roman, with sunshelf and 5 jet jacuzzi and Intellicenter automation was 57k plus incidentals like gas line hookup and new fence. Lowest qoute I got was still 53K and highest was 69K. I'm adding the Hotspot pool heater to mine so that's another $1800 plus electrician and AC guy hookup.
Your price doesn't sound out of line at all....
Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.