NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello! We are attempting for the first time to close ourselves but having difficulty getting the water to stop flowing. Thus far we have;

1. Balanced chemicals & cleaned debris
2. Brought water level down to just below the skimmers
3. Cleaned out DE filter grids and reinstalled (cap on back still off)
4. Set valve to filter (though now back on closed since we weren't able to stop the water)
5. Removed plug on the pump

At this point the water just continues to trickle in to the pump. From my reading and YouTube watching I expected the pump to get go empty so that we could then attach air compressor to start pumping air through lines. I put the plugs in to the returns to stop the water from mostly coming in but still see a slight flow. At this point not really sure what to do next except concede and call pool company. If there is anything that one would recommend we try first please let me know. Thank you!

Attaching photos of what the state at system is currently. From what I have been told and from personal experimenting the valves were not assembled logically (for example, I have never been able to get suction from the shallow end skimmer). We have 2 skimmer and 2 drains - one of each in shallow and deep ends. System is a few feet below water level as well.
  • Pump photo - we closed one of the valves (green circle) to just stop water from coming out.
  • Valve photo - I am pretty sure that the blue circled valve controls the skimmers and the pink circle valve controls drains. Blue currently in closed position as we ran system all summer with it the other way. Purple also closed - not sure why it is a 3-way valve.

Thanks to anyone who may have recommendation for next step.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    712.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Valves.jpg
    Valves.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 10
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.