cant seperate union

Jun 14, 2018
Long Island NY
Hayward VS pump was installed at the beginning of the summer with some new plumbing. Im trying to seperate this union but it wont budge. I dont know what it looks like on the inside (meaning if it is some type of slip fit connection or mearly pressed together with a o-ring) but I cant seperate it. Any suggestions?
20191020_142500.jpg20191020_142512.jpg

Antony,

If it's close coupled on both sides you may need to loosen the pump mounting so it can slide away. All that's there is a flat mating surface on both sides and one has a grove with an o-ring.

Chris

Reactions: anthony21078

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm away from the pump right now and haven't fully winterized it yet. Does the top pipe likely have some type of o-ring in there or are both services supposed to be smooth and just sit flush together?

I know I have to get that glue off so I'm guessing some light sanding would be the best option?

The top part has an O-ring. I would probably scrape the surfaces smooth with a razor knife. Sanding can work as long as you can get the surfaces smooth enough. Maybe use several different sandpaper grits and work down to a super fine grit to polish the surface smooth.

Reactions: anthony21078
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.