Can't remove pool pump lid

Holy smokes! I've twisted on my lid til my hands and fingers hurt! Any suggestions on how to get this type of lid to budge? I'm trying to turn my swamp into paradise, but I've come to a screaming halt (literally screaming and maybe a little bit of kicking...I hope no one was watching or listening!). My hubby is not a fan of the pool, so I need to figure this out!image.jpg

That's a horrible lid design. Didn't even leave a spot you could tap with a rubber mallet to loosen it. Try to take it off when it is running and have someone switch it off while you are taking it off. Hopefully between the suction when it is running and the sudden pressure bump when it is shut off you'll find a sweet spot where it will let go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pump suction will hold the lid on even if it is turned to the fully open position. Once the pump is off, you will be able to remove the lid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you to Chansico for suggesting the pitch fork. I have been trying for days to get the lid off of my de pump. I tried hammer and knife. Hot water. Wrench. I emptied it hoping suction would give way. I tried anything I could think of. I am so happy I scrolled down and saw the post. The pitch fork tine fit perfectly and the lid came right off. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.