Can't keep my FC

Thanks for all the insight and recommendations. I'm now at a 24 hour/day pump run time, with the SWG set at 40%. Will monitor how this goes.

Thinking more about it, I actually think I'm going to be chasing FC pretty regularly, even just given my pool design. Because I have the in-pool spa and it uses the same equipment... sometimes we could have the spa running by itself for 3-4 hours or more, which means nothing is happening to the pool from an equipment standpoint. After this type of usage, I find I need to adjust (up) my SWG to reach stability again and then lower it back down. Probably just means bigger swings for me in FC levels than a pool that doesn't have shared equipment (or a spa) like I do.

Will keep an eye on it and keep testing.
Five,

It never hurts to do a little extra testing to "get to know your pool" since they're all a little different (famous words from a long-timer TFP expert @kimkats) One thing I'd advise is don't try to micro manage the FC level (more famous words from another TFP expert @Jimrahbe) You can run a few ppm above target and then it will drop to target when there are surges in demand. We had an integrated spa as you do and this worked fine for us. When target was 5 ppm I ran 5-8 ppm. This way you never risk getting below minimum. We used our pool several times per week year-round and used the spa each week several times also. I tested a lot to see how it was working and eventually you get pretty comfortable it is always in range. I'd only adjust the swg once or twice per year for 3 years.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Chris

@setsailsoon Chris has you well covered. I think I have found what is so different for you at this time in your pool's life:
plenty in the fall
Right there ^^^^^ lower temps and less sun shining on the pool=easier to keep FC in your pool.

I will tell you the couple of times I had a algae event trying to happen was when I did not notice when the water temps were starting to creep up.... looked at the pool one morning and noticed it had lost it's shine and was slightly cloudy. OPPS! Did a SLAM for a couple of days and it was back to BLING water!

So you learned how to care for it in the Fall (cooler and less sun), have had some junk get in it from normal Spring blooming and growing, plus water getting warmer and sun shining longer=needing to add more FC than you are used it.

We got you and your pool. Keep asking questions and listening to the advice these wonderful people provide!

THANKS CHRIS :hug:

Kim:kim:

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.