Can't get my PH down

Nov 16, 2015
anthem/az
Hey everyone having an issue that I haven't come across before. I am using TF-100 and K-1000 test kits and my pool has been beautiful since starting the ABC"s from TFP about 3 years ago.

Anyway, right now my pool is 6ppm chlorine, 0 ppm cc, TA is 80 (very rare for my pool I usually struggle to keep it under 150) and my PH is off the scale deep red according to my k-1000. I am in Arizona so my pool water is a balmy 97 degrees and my CA is high 500ish like the water coming out of the hose bib that fills the pool.

Over the past week I have added about 160 ounces of 31.45 muriatic acid to lower the Ph and it won't budge. I know this is why my TA has come down so much and I don't know if I should keep trying the acid reduction and take the corresponding reduction in TA. Any idea why my PH won't come down? Usually I get a nice drop when adding the muriatic. My pool is consistently high on the PH scale and takes a lot of acid normally but not this much without a reduction. I recently bought a new r-0004 reagent from Leslies can these be bad?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and all the other advice I have got from lurking in the past.

While you are waiting to get some R0014, you can add the current reagent to ~44ml of water and then pour that into the K1000 comparator. You should be able to compare the colors. Remember, it is the color, not the intensity that counts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.