Cannot find Chlorinating Liquid - alternatives?

Do you have a Menards or Home Depot near you? Both typically carry liquid chlorine, pool shock, chlorinating liquid, etc.

Reactions: DKDecker
I just got some HTH Super Shock in single packets. It's $3.50+ so more expensive than liquid chlorine up front, but it's 54% calcium hypochlorite which means I use less than my 10% liquid.

I just got some HTH Super Shock in single packets. It's $3.50+ so more expensive than liquid chlorine up front, but it's 54% calcium hypochlorite which means I use less than my 10% liquid.
Your math is a little off on this one. One pound of that cal-hypo will raise your FC by 9.7 ppm. One gallon of 10% will raise it 15 ppm. You need 1.5 bags of 54% cal-hypo to equal 1 gallon of 10% liquid chlorine.

@Zone Yes, that is 12.5% liquid chlorine and a good choice for daily chlorination.

Your math is a little off on this one. One pound of that cal-hypo will raise your FC by 9.7 ppm. One gallon of 10% will raise it 15 ppm. You need 1.5 bags of 54% cal-hypo to equal 1 gallon of 10% liquid chlorine.

@Zone Yes, that is 12.5% liquid chlorine and a good choice for daily chlorination.

Oh, I was going by the app. It said to raise my FC from 2 to 6 I needed 6.6 ounces of 53% cal-hypo. I normally add 40-44 ounces of liquid 10% sodium hypo. Is that not the same thing?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.