Cannot Decide on Heat Pump!

Robox77

May 9, 2020
London
Hi,

I have my lovely pool and all is good for now apart from water temp; I live in London - UK and I knew I have to add some good heating but needed more time for research.
I have 2 Heat Pumps in mind ( DreamHeat 10kW & Sun Spring 10kW ) but cannot decide which one to buy!!! both are similar in price and pretty much same specs; both are fit for my pool and can be plugged into normal UK 3pin socket @13Amp; I know that 14kW ones are better for my pool size but I would like to use my current Outdoor sockets. I will only use pool May - September.

I can accommodate both fan types ( side or top ) so that is not an issue but I would prefer a quiet one; on paper Dream says 48dB and Sun Spring 57dB but from experience I would take these measurements with a pinch of salt as measurements differ from manufacturer to manufacturer ( e.g. some measure dB @2m or @4m from device and some do next to device; the Nano one shows dB at multiple distances ).

I would like to find out from people which have these and give their honest opinion; maybe I would be lucky enough to find someone which had both over a period of time and replaced one or the other because of issues...etc.
Maybe a video of the Heat Pump running? any help would be much appreciated; as you know the cost of such device is pretty steep so I would like to make the best decission.

Also, does anyone uses the Filter Pump & Heat Pump with Smart Plugs? It would be much easier to control the ON/OFF with Home Automation; I know that usually electronic devices do not like to have their power cut off , it is preferred to use the On/Off button but would be good is anyone is using smart plugs.

Welcome to TFP.

Not many folks from the UK come by here who would be familiar with the products you get there.

I think you understand the issues. Keep us informed of how it works out for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.