Can you leave a Robotic Cleaner in the pool?

DanF

Silver Supporter
Mar 17, 2019
Chandler, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Can the Dolphin cleaners be left in the pool all the time without risk to the cleaner? Being retired, I'll occasionally be gone on vacation 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't want to pull the robot out before going.

Dan,

One of the great things about a robot cleaner is that you can easily put it in, or take it out, of your pool.. This allows those of us that don't think that a pool cleaner adds to what a pool should look like, to remove them when not in use.. It also allows those that don't care if a hunk of junk is in their pool 24/7 to just leave it in there.. :poke:

Most of them will only run a week at a time. It does not need to be removed, but the power supply must be reset.

As an example.. the one at my house only spends a day or two in the pool each week, as I do not enjoy seeing it in the pool.. But I have two rent house pools with robots that spend their whole life in the pool.. They only come out once a week, when I clean them, or when the renter wants to use the pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Most of them will only run a week at a time. It does not need to be removed, but the power supply must be reset.
Thanks Jim! So it sounds like, if I'm gone for say 2 weeks, I'll need to have someone come over and restart the programming? Do your renters do that for you at your rental homes?
Or do I need a WiFi model in that case?

Dan,

I do the pool maintenance myself, so I generally clean the robots once a week, so not an issue for me.

If I was going to be gone for only two weeks, I would just let the robot run for a week and not worry about the second week. But it is very simple to reset the timer.. Basically turn it on and then push one button and you are set for another week.

My renters know how to do this, if I am not around.

I personally have no use for WiFi units, but if my pools were 50 miles away, I might have to change my mind. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Dan,

One of the great things about a robot cleaner is that you can easily put it in, or take it out, of your pool.. This allows those of us that don't think that a pool cleaner adds to what a pool should look like, to remove them when not in use.. It also allows those that don't care if a hunk of junk is in their pool 24/7 to just leave it in there.. :poke:

As an example.. the one at my house only spends a day or two in the pool each week, as I do not enjoy seeing it in the pool.. But I have two rent house pools with robots that spend their whole life in the pool.. They only come out once a week, when I clean them, or when the renter wants to use the pool.

Thanks,

Jim R.
That’s my only grip is it won’t keep running the next week but guess they want to make sure you clean it
I am more and more impressed with this guy, I clean it daily and the filters are catching a lot of yellow pollen

Albert,

Pretty much.. Keep in mind that I think of these things as "tools" and not pets.. :mrgreen:

Leaving it in the pool will cause the plastic to fade.. but I don't care...

For the most part, the one at my house is only in the pool when being used.. I remove it just because I don't like seeing it in the pool.

OCD, I suspect.. :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ha, i also think of them as things. I was thinking I’d probably leave it in the pool during pollen season and other times when I expect a lot of stuff to get in (like the fall if I don’t close or cover). It’s good to know what kind of durability I can expect. I also don’t like seeing extra stuff in the pool. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.