Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Looking for internal eyeballs đź‘€ to flush mount return fittings. These look like Aquastar type ones but not quite -

C5417B82-19EF-46F6-BD2D-8DF4E131A974.jpeg
5906BFB2-4BAE-4385-928B-ECD9DF7B4CDD.jpeg

These are 3/4” opening but I’m looking for 1/2”. I have one return eyeball I’d like to cut down the flow on so I can push more water further down the return line to a far side return.

As always, most appreciate any assistance.

The eyeball looks just like the Pentair 540022 Eyeball 3/4" Opening. Perhaps they are somewhat standardized? I might have one laying around if you want me to take some measurements.

I was working on some fittings last year. I had a 3/4" eyeball and wanted to reduce it to 1/2". I either didn't want to wait for shipping or it was out of stock (can't remember), so I backyard engineered my own reducer using a 3/4" PVC cap (slip). I drilled a 1/2" hole through the top and inserted it into the eyeball. Works good...still today. If you can't find the eyeball and you got an extra cap laying around...

1655317627881.png

Reactions: Mdragger88
Is this the same?

1655319596141.png

It is probably a standard thread, so you can just switch to a different eyeball with the same thread as shown in the video.

Put some pool lube on the threads to make the eyeball easier to remove later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Yeah, it’s basically a simple 1-1/2” FPT wall return and the eyeball sits in it with the retaining nut. I was hoping to replace the nut and eyeball at the same time. Alternative I can use any of the standard 1-1/2” male wall returns on the market but I kind like the fact that there’s no big chunk of plastic sitting on my pool wall.

Not exactly flush, but....

Or - doesn't list the eyeball hole size. Maybe call them

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.