Can you get algae if FC is within target?

I have just read all the post about your problem and I have been dealing with the exact same thing for the past 3 weeks. All my test numbers look great except when I come home I have a powder of stuff on the bottom of my pool and on the steps and when we brush, it disappears in the water. I have treated it all along like algae. The water is clearer but the stuff still at the bottom. I left a post earlier called "I think it might be algae" and alot of helpful information, but every evening when I get home, the same stuff.

If you think it is pollen then you might want to keep a bucket of water close to the pool and see if that gets the green stuff or when you have your cover on, Do you get anything on top of the cover or is it clean? I have gotten the same looking stuff but grey in color and I think it is just dirt. I noticed this after using a clarifirer. I stopped using the clarifier and I o longer get those grey specks any longer.

Hi OneMom,

You can send me a sample to look at under the microscope. Just take a 35mm film container and fill it with some of your pool water. Then seal the lid with some tape, place in a baggie and send it to me in a small bubble wrap envelope. If it's green algae, it should be easy to identify.

take care,
dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.