Can this be fixed?

Aug 2, 2017
Duluth, MN
I just opened my pool last week. It’s been really rainy lately, and my yard tends to run really wet at baseline. So I didn’t think anything of it when the side of the pool near the pump has become a muddy mess. Well, this morning I happened to notice a little trickle coming from underneath my pump, and sure enough—there is a broken part underneath.

This is only my second summer with this pool, so I am still figuring everything out and don’t know what the technical names are for any of this hardware. I’m attaching a couple of pics, hopefully someone who knows can tell what this part is and whether or not it can be replaced. Thanks!

30mpvg3.jpg

2nbwyyp.jpg

This appears to be part of an Intex pump/filter unit? I do not believe they are repairable.

I do not have experience with them. I will ask someone with experience to check it out.

Take care.

Thanks for the replies. Good idea to check the manual. I just looked and didn’t see this part listed anywhere, what a bummer! I sent a message to intex, just to double check. I wonder if some kind of putty could stop it up...

Thanks for the replies. Good idea to check the manual. I just looked and didn’t see this part listed anywhere, what a bummer! I sent a message to intex, just to double check. I wonder if some kind of putty could stop it up...

I assume this is the pressure side? You could try JB waterweld epoxy putty, but I wouldn’t hold your breath

Yeah...I ordered a whole new pump. Of course the one thing that can’t be repaired is the one thing that breaks. Just my luck. I have no clue how this even happened! Thankfully it’s limping along well enough so far to clear out a ton of algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.