Can these tiny rocks go under the pool and damage liner?

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hi All - As you can see I bought bags of large rocks to spread around the pool. However, it appears that in a few of the bags some of the rocks were tiny crushed up pieces at the bottom. How worried should I be about 1) these tiny rocks getting in between the wall and bottom track and 2) somehow underneath the bottom track when it rains and piercing the liner? The picture may not show it but some of the rocks are very very very small and jagged.

Should I try to remove as many of the tiny rocks as possible?

This is a saltwater 5000 resin pool from the pool factory by the way
rocks.jpg

I wouldn't be worried about rock you place on the outside of the wall migrating under you liner. There are many thousands of pounds of water trying to squeeze stuff out from underneath that area. It would be hard for a lil rock to go back the other way.

Thanks - what about the gap between the wall and the bottom track. can you see the little gap. A few small pieces fell in there already. Can that get to the liner?

Just hose it out or use a shop vac if you are worried. Personally I wouldn't worry about it, dirt and crud are the nature of "outdoors" if these pools can't handle a little nature they shouldn't even be sold for outdoor use. Even if you got a piece of gravel under the liner somehow, that is what patches are for. ;)

I've had river pebbles directly against my vinyl liner for years with no problem.

temporary_zps04820591.jpg

I might be the only one, but they do get under the liner and make small holes. When swimming and splashing the walls of the pool bounce and makes the littler rocks slide under the liner. If they are sharp enough they will puncture. They are usually small hole and only drip and you can fix them during winter.

Felipe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.