Can step markers be attached to stairs while empty?

DsMamaBear

May 8, 2021
Sacramento, CA
After ruining our summer fighting wicked high CYA (160-190) and Calcium, we’re going to drain 90% of the water and refill. Since we didn’t have step markers attached during build, can I do that while it’s drained? Is it possible to put markers on the pebble tec with under water glue right before we start the refill process?

Tile step markers?

Tile step markers are placed on with thinset to the shell before plaster. Then they become flush with the plaster surface.

You will have raised tiles that can be trip hazards and rough on feet if you just glue them down. And pebbles are not a solid smooth surface to glue anything to.

I would not advise it.

Last edited:
After ruining our summer fighting wicked high CYA (160-190) and Calcium, we’re going to drain 90% of the water and refill. Since we didn’t have step markers attached during build, can I do that while it’s drained? Is it possible to put markers on the pebble tec with under water glue right before we start the refill process?
Trim tile, not usual with pebble tech, has to be added before the pebble product is applied. Anything you use now will fail, and could be a hazard.

Tile step markers?

Tile step markers are placed on with thinset to the shell before plaster. Then they become flush with the plaster surface.

You will have raised tiles that can be trip hazards and rough on feet if you just glue them down. And pebbles are not a solid smooth surface to glue anything to.

I would not advise it.
Ok, thank you for replying. I’ll just have to live without them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.