Can someone please help with plumbing?

67mike

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
I have posted, and perhaps not worded it correctly?

I really would apreciate it if someone could share there expertise here.

I have a new to be installed 21 foot round AGP. I have a carvin shark 1.5 hp 2 speed pump and a carvin 160sqft cartridge filter.

I just ordered a 4 foot flex hose for pump to filter and then I ordered a couple 10 foot lengths of Tigerflex hose to run to and from skimmer and return.

1) Is this flex tubing what I should be using?

2) If not^^ then what do I use? Hard PVC piping? (This system will be drained and probably stored inside garage or house in the fridgid canadian winters).

3) What valves do I need?

Many thanks

Many AGP owners use flex tubing. Very common. Main problem with flex tubing is ensuring you have good air-tight connections at each end and that (over time) the hose doesn't get a crack in it (air or water leak). Some owners do convert to hard PVC, but that's a personal choice. For valves, it's nice to have a shut-off valve on the suction side and going back to the return jets so that you have a way to keep water from rushing down to the pump/filter when you need to do maintenance. If you have more questions, please let us know.

Reactions: 67mike
Many AGP owners use flex tubing. Very common. Main problem with flex tubing is ensuring you have good air-tight connections at each end and that (over time) the hose doesn't get a crack in it (air or water leak). Some owners do convert to hard PVC, but that's a personal choice. For valves, it's nice to have a shut-off valve on the suction side and going back to the return jets so that you have a way to keep water from rushing down to the pump/filter when you need to do maintenance. If you have more questions, please let us know.
Aweseome. Thanks.

I think for our first year I will run the flex stuff. If I add a heater next year I will do the hard lines.

OK so a shut off valve on each line.

I assume winter you drain below skimmer opening or block off skimmer???

Thanks!

I assume winter you drain below skimmer opening or block off skimmer???
That's a big part of it plus a few other details. The link below should help you prepare.

Reactions: 67mike
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.