Can someone please help me with getting clear water? Intex easy set pool

Mar318

Jun 9, 2020
Kentucky
18x48 intex easy set pool. I have the intex 2500
Cartridge pump. The water is not clear and I don’t know what I should add to get it cleared up! I have the floating chlorine tablet thing and it was shocked once. Here’s a picture of the water and levels. Water looks worse in person. Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• 0487055A-A86E-4B81-AF9C-2A3DB76AB9CF.jpeg
    0487055A-A86E-4B81-AF9C-2A3DB76AB9CF.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 26802E85-F8FA-4644-B913-FCFC05CF7D8E.jpeg
    26802E85-F8FA-4644-B913-FCFC05CF7D8E.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 20
18x48 intex easy set pool. I have the intex 2500
Cartridge pump. The water is not clear and I don’t know what I should add to get it cleared up! I have the floating chlorine tablet thing and it was shocked once. Here’s a picture of the water and levels. Water looks worse in person. Thank you for any help.
Welcome to the forums!
There are a few things that will help.
You'll want to acquire a more accurate testing kit. The strips are notoriously inaccurate
~ Here are some links (more in my sig)
List of Pool Care articles: Pool Care Basics Archives - Trouble Free Pool
If you are okay with dumping every so often during swim season: Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools - Trouble Free Pool

Ditch the floater and get the better test kit. I did like you with the easy set and NEVER got clear water.

Got a bigger pool and better kits as well as liquid chlorine and my water is crystal clear.

Also you will need to look at the pool basics as stated and get your chemicals balanced.

Reactions: Mar318
Oh, boy. There's a lot to go into here.

First, those test strips won't do. They're seldom accurate, and you never know if yours are or aren't. Which is the first hard decision. Do you treat your pool as a temporary pool and just get yourself a simple 2-way drop test kit? Or spend almost as much as you spent on the pool on a first-class test kit? Hard choice, because if you go cheap, your next step is to empty the pool and scrub it good with bleach before refilling. If you go expensive, you might be able to salvage the water.... but maybe not, if it turns out you have super high CYA from too many chlorine tablets and powdered shock.

So what are you willing to spend and how expensive is water and how hard will it be for you to get rid of several thousand gallons of water? Can you drain into a storm drain, or out on a patch of empty land, or will it overwhelm a septic tank or flood out your neighbor's yard? How many kids will be using it? Because the copay on one trip to urgent care with a case of pinkeye or an ear infection will be as much as a primo test kit.

Whichever way you want to go, we can help. Check out Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools - Trouble Free Pool and see if that appeals to you, or do you want to be in complete control with a proper test kit? We'd find it easier to walk you through things with a full kit, but I completely understand if you decide to just drain and start fresh instead.

While you decide, the best thing is to add about 5 ppm FC per day. That translates into about a quart of 10% liquid pool chlorine per day. It won't clear it, but it should keep it where it is until you take whatever hard action.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.