Can Pentair controllers recognize Sta-rite pumps?

The IntelliFlo and IntelliPro use the same motor and drive.

If the Automation will control an IntelliFlo, it will control an IntelliPro.

View attachment 454761
Thank you for your reply.
The motor and drive can be exact the same. However, if they use different identifiers the microcontroller may not identify it.

Do you or anyone else know what identifier is used by sta-rite as opposed to Pentair pumps.

I do not believe 1.170 (or earlier recognizes intelliflo3/intellipro3 motors/pumps.

I am not nitpicking. I just want to make sure that if I buy an intellipro3 (013076)now and wait for the controller intelliCenter at the end of the year I will have no support or warranty.

I just cannot believe that pentair will not sell intelliflo3 (011076) to people at large.

Vick.

The IntelliFlo and IntelliPro use the same motor and drive.

If the Automation will control an IntelliFlo, it will control an IntelliPro.

View attachment 454761

JamesW, thank you for your assurance. I see that with (P/N 356365z the 011075 will work as 011076.
Best Regards,

Vick

Do you know if the Sta-rite makes controllers as well?

Do you know if the Sta-rite makes controllers as well?
There is no separate company called Sta-Rite.

It's all Pentair.

Sta-Rite is merely a brand owned by Pentair.

In my opinion, they need to get rid of the Sta-Rite name brand as all it does is cause confusion.

The motors are made by Lafert S.p.A.

Via J.F. Kennedy 43. 30027 San Donà di Piave. Venice - Italy

I don't know if they also make the drives or if they buy the drives from a different company.

In any case, Pentair/Sta-Rite does not make the motors or drives.

There's no reason to use different identifiers.

It's the exact same pump, exact same drive and exact same motor.

In any case, call and/or email Pentair for the best, most up-to-date information.

I wish I can talk to someone at Pentair. They have a very long hold time. Furthermore, I don't want to be bounced around by one call center guy to another.

This is the most knowledgeable community, and I trust them more than some call center guy.

I saw an article by someone (AZ pool) about using a raspberry pi, but it is like taking a nuke to a gunfight.

However, if companies keep treating people like dirt people might go that route. After all, it is just turning 18 volt relays and 24 volt actuators.
With a little effort the serial bits transmitted on a device can be analyzed.

I just don't have the dexterity to play with smd chips. But raspberry pi has dip pin out and I can ask one of my undergrad students to do it.

I hope Pentair knows this.

Respectfully,

Vick

There is no separate company called Sta-Rite.

It's all Pentair.

Sta-Rite is merely a brand owned by Pentair.

In my opinion, they need to get rid of the Sta-Rite name brand as all it does is cause confusion.

The motors are made by Lafert S.p.A.

Via J.F. Kennedy 43. 30027 San Donà di Piave. Venice - Italy

I don't know if they also make the drives or if they buy the drives from a different company.

In any case, Pentair/Sta-Rite does not make the motors or drives.
JamesW.
This is the most useful information. This is exactly the right forum for all.

Do you know who makes the controllers?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Probably Sumitomo Drive Technologies or Lafert directly as part of Sumitomo.

JamesW,

This is even better.

Thank you, you are well informed!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.