Can one drop cause that much air?

Nov 16, 2012
Dallas, TX
Okay, I’ve got a ton of air coming from my return jets. Tiny bubbles.

My pump housing doesn’t fill completely, but I’m getting plenty of pressure as measured at the filter. The pressure is what I would call normal when it last ran without bubbles.

Ive got a one drop every 7 seconds leak between the pump and filter.
I am not losing water from the pool, either during pressure or at rest.

can that much air really come from such a tiny leak? Of course I will fix it, but I want to get an idea as to whether there is something more to worry about.

DSF,

Is this a saltwater pool with a SWCG?

A small leak between the Pump and the Filter should not cause bubbles out of the returns. It can however, let the water in the pump drain out when the pump is off. This would cause a lot of bubbles when first turning the pump back on.

Do you have a VS pump? Does the basket stay full overnight with the pump off?

When running, are there large bubbles under the pump lid?

When was the last time you opened and cleaned your DE filter?

What is the filter pressure?

Thanks,

Jim R.

I just did the same thing @DallasSocFan. Tried everyting to eliminate a suction side air leak. Checked, cleaned and lubed every union / o-ring. Smoke and soap bubble checked every connection. Swapped the teflon tape for teflon dope on the pump male fittings.... problem solved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.