careyroberts

Jul 11, 2019
indiana
This is my first post, but I love the forum and have gotten so much info! Hoping someone can help with my situation.
I need suggestions on how/if to clean my cartridge filters. They are only 3 months old and I'd prefer to save them if possible. About a month ago I needed to clean them due to a build up of cotton wood fluff in the pool going through skimmer to filter. I hosed them off and cleaned them in muratic acid/water bath. I stored them in a large cardboard box until I needed them today (had back up filters to use in the mean time). Unfortunately, I must have put them away damp because they were moldy when I got them out. I hosed off the fuzzy mold, but still see lots of black spots in the cartridges. I'm afraid of introducing mold into my pool! Is there a way to save these filters? filter cleaner? bleach bath? thank for help!

Maybe the experts can weigh in on if another Muriatic acid bath would kill it. Im interested to hear because that is my existing deep clean method. No idea if its right or wrong but how i was originally instructed and its worked so far so i never questioned it. I use a full gallon of MA in one of those big green landscaper buckets. Fill the rest with water and let it soak for 24 hours and hose it off with a pressure washer attachment for my regular hose. More power than a normal nozzle but not enough to collapse the filter material.

You should not soak the filters in acid (and rarely is it needed) unless you have done the TSP soak first. The oils from people, sunscreen, lotions, etc will gum up the filters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.