Can I use the Tablets to raise my CYA?

nebtex

Aug 4, 2016
Midlothian TX
My current CYA is 30 and I'd like to get it closer to 50 as we are now getting warmer.

I've used the conditioner and sock in the skimmer to get it here but wondering if I should or could just get some Chlorine tablets and add both at once? I am using liquid chlorine now.

Reactions: Shirker
Sure, but since it takes CYA a while to fully dissolve, and you cant get rid of CYA unless you drain, I would give your sock a week to do its thing and retest.

Watch your pH and TA carefully. Tablets are very acidic. That's also why we highly discourage putting them in the skimmer. If you have a built-in feed or tablet floater then use that of course, but if not then get a floater to use.

I sanitize exclusively with HD bleach so when my CYA drops too much (usually only happens in the summer) I just run tabs in my inline chlorinator for a week or so. Gives me a break from having to add chlorine each day and gets my CYA back up there. Just make sure your levels are good. For me to stay where I need FC wise I have to pretty much run it wide open. If you don't have an inline chlorinator use one of those floating deals. Don't just throw the tabs in the skimmer basket,

Reactions: Triumph65
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.