Leesburg/Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Not sure what I can use to fill in these gaps. I have pool epoxy at homes, but I wasn’t sure if that is the right thing to use. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    786.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1060.jpeg
    IMG_1060.jpeg
    800.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1061.jpeg
    IMG_1061.jpeg
    798.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1066.jpeg
    IMG_1066.jpeg
    811.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1074.jpeg
    IMG_1074.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1073.jpeg
    IMG_1073.jpeg
    438.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1075.jpeg
    IMG_1075.jpeg
    793.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1076.jpeg
    IMG_1076.jpeg
    611.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1072.jpeg
    IMG_1072.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1077.jpeg
    IMG_1077.jpeg
    889.2 KB · Views: 37
Mark on your pics the gaps you are trying to fill.

Other corners, and the rest of the line between coping and tile, seems like grout was used. Nothing flexible in those areas. I am just not able to understand how epoxy can bond and take the tile away while grout can’t if coping moves? What am I missing?

Attachments

• IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    614.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1081.jpeg
    IMG_1081.jpeg
    640.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1080.jpeg
    IMG_1080.jpeg
    605.5 KB · Views: 13
Why do you think that gap should be sealed?

What type of deck do you have? Where is your expansion joint?

@ajw22 Sorry for the delay. I was trying to find some paperwork from previous owners. Here is what I found, but it doesn’t show the corner with the gazibo column. Please see the pics. Also, I thought it shouldn’t be sealed because everywhere else between coping and tiles are sealed with grout. I thought it should be sealed because water might go in and create problems in the future?? Please see the attached. Appreciate the help

Attachments

• IMG_1084.jpeg
    IMG_1084.jpeg
    730.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1087.jpeg
    IMG_1087.jpeg
    811.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1089.jpeg
    IMG_1089.jpeg
    658.7 KB · Views: 21

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I called a pool builder company and show them the images. They said to use a product called Vulkem 116 polyurethane to fill the gaps, and said do not use grout of any sort. They said grout shouldn’t have been used in remaning gaps between coping and tile line. I’m so confused.

You are confused because you are showing many different surfaces and it is not clear which one we are discussing. Let’s stick to one at a time.

Vulkem 116 is the right product for joints that may have movement.

Grout needs to be used in joints that are stable and have no movement.

Pool epoxy is never the right product to use around tile and coping unless you are looking to patch a leak or crack.

sorry I was just trying to show surroundings. For this one below specific. Do I use grout in highlighted then?
They are the same sections

Attachments

• IMG_1075.jpeg
    IMG_1075.jpeg
    777.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1076.jpeg
    IMG_1076.jpeg
    611.3 KB · Views: 11
I would leave that gap as is.

Water from your pool should never get up to it.

Trying to stuff polyurethane caulk into that small slit will likely make a mess of the tile below.

Reactions: Household6
I would leave that gap as is.

Water from your pool should never get up to it.

Trying to stuff polyurethane caulk into that small slit will likely make a mess of the tile below.
How about if the pool overflows during closed season winter time? And splashes? So many kids use this pool and splashed in every corner. Would that be enough problem to cause headaches in the future? Like freezing water in winter got in during summer and damage structure?

How about if the pool overflows during closed season winter time?

First of all, don't let your pool overflow.

You will never be able to seal all the gaps. And if you think you do new ones will open up.

And splashes? So many kids use this pool and splashed in every corner.

I doubt much, if any, splashed water finds its way into the crack.

Would that be enough problem to cause headaches in the future? Like freezing water in winter got in during summer and damage structure?

Water that got in there during the summer will not be lying in wait to freeze in the winter to cause damage.

Water evaporates pretty quickly.

Reactions: rozus

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.