Can I store my steps IN my pool over the winter?

Skitch

May 11, 2015
Athens, Georgia
Tired of the steps taking up space in the garage all winter, can I just lay them down on their side under the water and close the pool?

I can't think of any negatives, the hardware is all stainless, the steps themselves are plastic and sit halfway in the water all summer.

Thanks.

I keep my pool open all year so the steps are in all year. Now if you get hard freezes and the pool freezes solid I am not sure that would be a good idea. If you only get a hard freeze but do not freeze solid I don't see why you could not store them in the pool.

I think you'd be okay, you won't get more than a skim of ice where you're at. So long as it's totally underwater it should be fine. Might be difficult to clean around if you need to. I open early and close late so wouldn't want to get into the pool to get the ladder when the water is still cold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.