Can I run the Dolphin M600 in Acidic water?

mihzyd777

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2009
Manteca, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I know seems like a silly question, but I'm asking because our new pool just got filled, and we did KrystalKrete Quartz. This surface requires the pool company to dump 12 gallons of Muriatic Acid into our 24k gallon pool. The PB instructed us to brush for the next 4-7 days and we cannot run the pumps at all due to the high acid. So now will all the dust that is being created from brushing the plaster, the way is so dark that I can even see where I'm brushing.
Can someone tell me is the Dolphin M600 impervious to Acidic water meaning is it sealed to the point where it won't affect anything so I can at least put it in there and let it filter some of the water and clean the dust up and dirt?

Thanks!

What is the pH of the pool water? I wouldn't be putting my expensive robot in extremely low pH pool water. With pH between 7.0 and 8.0, you should be fine to use the robot. Ask the PB how you are supposed to filter out the plaster dust with the low pH if you can't run the pump/filter. Probably shouldn't use the robot for the first 30 days with new plaster anyway.

Copy that won't run robot :) The PH is way low like below 6.2 low. It only has to stay like this for 4-7 days until we like the results basically. Then they neutralize it and then we can start filtering. The PB also mentioned we will need to wait 21 days before salt is added.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.