Can I run Cartridge Filter with the 4 cartridges removed?

Re: Can I run Cartridge Filter with the 4 cartridges removed

Bama Rambler said:
It's one of those cases where you've learned more than you ever thought you wanted to know. :goodjob:
Ohm_Boy said:
Nicely done, and congratulations. I doubt that this pool will overwhelm you again.
jblizzle said:
Plumbing looks good!!! I must have missed the pix before if you had posted them already. Hears to wishing you a clear pool all summer!!!
carlscan26 said:
Nice job! Glad to see you're running smooth and correctly now!

I have to wonder how frustrating it must have been for you to "watch" as I missed the obvious.
As I said, I made it MUCH more confusing that it had to be. I was looking at the pop-up controllers, etc,
that had NOTHING to do with the "bubbles".

I go out each morning now and look for a problem [sad, eh?]. No bubbles! I first get scared because
I think the pump has pumped itself dry.

Am I allowed to ask one last question? [Well other than to say you are welcome to come by and see the
works in person if you're ever in Las Vegas]...

Is the "dirt" on the bottom of the pool, NOW, because I probably need new filter cartridges? I have cleaned
them regularly and meticulously for 5 or 6 years. The pool circulates and moves very well..really well.
I just don't want to spend $200 on filters if there is any chance they're not a problem.

Oh! THANK YOU!!!! :wave:

Sure, you're allowed all the questions it takes to make you feel good about running your pool.

To determine if it's dirt bypassing the filter, take a sock or stocking and affix over the return. If anything is bypassing the filter the sock/stocking will catch it. If it doesn't catch anything then the filter is fine and it's just dirt blowing in from somewhere.

Bama Rambler said:
Sure, you're allowed all the questions it takes to make you feel good about running your pool.

To determine if it's dirt bypassing the filter, take a sock or stocking and affix over the return. If anything is bypassing the filter the sock/stocking will catch it. If it doesn't catch anything then the filter is fine and it's just dirt blowing in from somewhere.

Thank you again!!

I'm on my way with a pair of stockings!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.