Can I move to once-weekly testing and balancing?

Jun 14, 2016
Plano, Texas
I've followed the TFP methods for years and had great success. I've lived in the home and during the summer I've needed to add a gallon of bleach roughly every other day. Soon, I'll be moving out and renting the house to a tenant family, but I'll still be responsible for maintaining the pool. Is there a way to only test and balance weekly instead of every day and still follow the TFP methods?

You MIGHT be able to get away with it if you install a SWG, or Stenner type pump to automatically dose the pool on a regular basis.
Once you get it dialed in, it should take care of your daily needs, but keep in mind that there will always be "something" that might disrupt the daily routine, and need tending to.
If you teach your tenants how to test the pool, and to call you if something looks "off", you should be fine with either of the methods I mentioned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.