Can I maintain FC level with bleach?

gqjeff said:
I see you were sold the nature 2 also. Why did u remove the main cartridge? What problems can the copper lead to from these?

The N2 is a mineral system that purports to allow the end user to run lower levels of sanitizers in their pool water and still be safe (false claim). They add metals to the water and copper is one of these. Copper leads to staining of pool surfaces. Copper is also the sole reason why blonde hair turns green after exposure to pool water.

Copper has algaestatic properties for sure, but there is absolutely no need for copper in a pool because any properly sanitized pool will never develop algae.

gqjeff said:
So would I be better off removing the main cartride also? I know my wife who has blond hair would Def be ****** if it turned any shade of green LOL.

Most definitely. Remove the cartridge and leave it be and when the mood strikes you, you can just deplumb the system from the line. This is exactly what I did with my N2.

gqjeff said:
So after that you have been running the BBB method with great results correct? I might leave it inline for when we r traveling I can use the tri chlor tabs.

Leaving pucks in a floater keeps a constant level of trichlor in the pool while you are gone...if in the N2 casing...it would only add while pump is running...So it may not do you any good...I just pulled the cart out of my N2 and when I put everything away in the fall I just took it out and didn't reattach in the spring...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.