Can I finish up my chlorine tabs?

Jul 15, 2018
Liverpool, NY
While I'm letting my SLAM FC level come down (it was at 12 on Sunday), I'm wondering if I can use up my bucket of chlorine tabs we got when we opened the pool. PS chlorine.jpg
There's maybe a 3rd+ of the bucket left. Or do I stick with liquid chlorine? And if so...how do I know the correct amount to put in once it gets to the proper level to keep it at the proper level?

I feel like I have more control with the solid chlorine.

Am I good?

Can't see close enough....my guess is there is copper in the tabs.
I would not use them.

You have a TF100 test kit...why not stick to tfp methods using liquid chlorine?

Tabs add cya and copper in some formulations (more than just chlorine), that seems like less control imo.

The tablets will raise your CYA, add algaecide (most likely copper) and whatever else the bucket says the 37% of 'other' ingredients are.

I would not use those except very rarely for periods of time you are gone. Or better yet, get some plain pucks that are 99% trichlor for the occasional use.

Use [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] and PoolMath to determine how much chlorine to use every day based on your testing.

The tablets will raise your CYA, add algaecide (most likely copper) and whatever else the bucket says the 37% of 'other' ingredients are.

I would not use those except very rarely for periods of time you are gone. Or better yet, get some plain pucks that are 99% trichlor for the occasional use.

Use [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] and PoolMath to determine how much chlorine to use every day based on your testing.

Thank you! Got it! For some reason I had it stuck in my head the FC/CYA chart was for SLAM only. No worries, I will figure this pool stuff out yet !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.