Can I Cut These Pipes?

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
Before we moved in our house, the pool system had solar heating that flowed water to pipes on our roof. All the hardware on the roof was removed, but all the pipes near the pool equipment were left in tact. I'm pretty sure the pipes in the photo with the arrows were part of the solar system only. I'd like to cut these pipes off because they are obstructing access to the control panel on the variable pump I had installed. And we have no plans to reinstall a solar system. From what I see, the valves are configured so no water is flowing through them I believe. Just want to get confirmation before I pull out the saw. Thanks.

IMG_0758.jpg

I won't comment on the solar piping as I don't have any - but you can remote mount the Hayward Ecostar control panel. My Ecostar came with a wall mounting plate for the control panel and a blank cover to put in place of the control panel on the pump. Look in the pump manual for illustrations/directions.

I won't comment on the solar piping as I don't have any - but you can remote mount the Hayward Ecostar control panel. My Ecostar came with a wall mounting plate for the control panel and a blank cover to put in place of the control panel on the pump. Look in the pump manual for illustrations/directions.
Yeah, i read that in the manual this morning. Unfortunately, there are no walls nearby to mount the panel. I also saw that the panel can be rotated in 4 positions on the pump, but that wouldn't solve the problem, as the pipes would still be in the way. Thx.

Yeah, i read that in the manual this morning. Unfortunately, there are no walls nearby to mount the panel. I also saw that the panel can be rotated in 4 positions on the pump, but that wouldn't solve the problem, as the pipes would still be in the way. Thx.

I have mine remoted about 25 feet away (more convenient and out of the sun). I used thermostat wire for the wire run. Of course, there is still a power cut off switch right next to the equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.