Can I buy JUST the sand filter tank, no valve, pipe, etc ??

shodges

Bronze Supporter
Mar 29, 2016
rougemont nc
Long story short, my Tegalus TA60d filter tank is cracked, I have to replace it. Is there somewhere that I can just buy the tank? My multiport valve, pipe and laterals are all fine and usable.

Also, what is a less expensive substitute for a Pentair tank? Assuming the tank and opening are the same size ... there are some less expensive tank options out there - I'd like to save some money - it's just a plastic tank, after all :p

Yikes!!! Cheaper to buy a whole new filter...

yeah i know i can buy the entire package for $750 give or take .... i'm hoping to find someone who has just the tank. but i'm also curious if i'm REQUIRED to buy a Pentair replacement tank ... or can i use my multiport valve with a different brand / same size tank.

Chances are high that a different brand tank isn't going to work properly with your existing laterals, standpipe or multiport valve.

Reactions: shodges

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Since the filter tank is compromised, you can consider a different filter type when you replace it.
I had a big sand filter for over 20 years. I replaced it with a cartridge filter. If you go cartridge, a 400 square feet or larger would suit your size pool.

i dont need individual parts ... i need a tank. my multiway port, pipe and laterals are all fine.
Your parts will only fit another TA-60D tank. One reason that the tank alone is more expensive is that it is fiberglass. Other sand filters, like Hayward have blow-molded tanks. The 24" one at this site is the same as yours, a 60GPM rated filter. You might look into it.

I will guess that even if you just replace the tank, you will likely find that the plumbing will be a challenge to get aligned perfectly. I replaced my Hayward sand filter (tank cracked) and had to change half the lines so they were not stressed.

I will guess that even if you just replace the tank, you will likely find that the plumbing will be a challenge to get aligned perfectly. I replaced my Hayward sand filter (tank cracked) and had to change half the lines so they were not stressed.
right. i was hoping to find the same exact tank, used ... then the plumbing would line up. i've been able to find a TA50d and a TA100d ... but not a TA60d (so far) ... i'm still beating the bushes.

Seems like a lot of machinations. If you want to avoid re-plumbing, just buy the replacement filter. I obviously don't know your financial situation, but for $750, I'd swap and be done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.