Can CYA stain plaster?

miles267

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Sep 5, 2016
Arkansas
I ended up dissolving CYA in warm water in a bucket and broadcasting some over deep returns. How long does it have to sit on bottom to bleach out light blue plaster? Have my robot running now to pick up and undissolved granules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pooldv. Unfortunately it's 2 wk old plaster now cured and turned over to me by the PB. But the water is 47F.
The CYA wasn't dissolving in a sock so I used the hot water method. Even then some granules ended up on the bottom and freaked me out. I suppose it isn't going to bleach out on contact or after a few mins. I hope? If anything my Dolphin robot should pick up anything that did sit on bottom.

Yes. I dissolved CYA in a bucket of warm water before broadcasting over deep. Then did quite a bit of brushing before running the robot. The robot picked up quite a bit but seems a good bit must've dissolved and been circulated through pump. Also poured some of the warm milky water over the skimmer without basket. May do this a few more times over the next week to get at least some CYA into pool. Running robot again tonight also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.