Can anyone recommend a reputable replaster company in Houston?

Bdaviflying

Oct 6, 2019
Kingwood, Texas
We bought our house in Jan of 2020 and the plaster in the pool needs to be repaired. There are no big cracks but there is a lot of wear and a few spots where you can see the concrete below the plaster. My wife thought this would be a DIY project but after reading everything I can about it I don’t think so. We are getting ready to sell this house so technically all it has to do is last until it’s not ours anymore but I think if we did it right it might help with the resale value.

I used Houston Pool Renovations. The parent company is Pool Works which does full construction of pools. I dealt with Jared Munos. Overall I was pleased with HPR but I also did this several years ago so not sure how they are doing with all of this demand for pools.
I also considered Splash Zone as they had good reviews and actually a little less expensive then HPR but they did not provide the plaster I was considering.
If the potential new buyer uses an inspection company that does thorough pool inspections as well then it will be brought up in the inspection report.

If you plan to do a replaster then it is also recommended to chip out all the old plaster, that will drive up the cost but make it a much better surface for the new plaster to adhere to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.