Can a huge rain storm drop my CYA from 55/60 to 35?

debmar

Jun 19, 2019
MASS
Went away for a day and did not add chlorine yesterday and there was a huge rain storm that gave us a few inches. My CYA really dropped and my CC is up at 2.0 .. should I be okay just adding my chlorine? Pool water looks amazing.
FC 2.0
CC 2.0
PH 7.6
TA 90
CYA 35

Given the variability in CYA testing a 10 point swing is not unusual. CYA 40 is fine for you. You can add 10 ppm if you want.

We round up CYA so if the dot disappears between 40 and 30 you call it 40. There is no 35 or 55 readings.

Given the variability in CYA testing a 10 point swing is not unusual. CYA 40 is fine for you. You can add 10 ppm if you want.

We round up CYA so if the dot disappears between 40 and 30 you call it 40. There is no 35 or 55 readings.
Okay, lol, so 40 it is. I'm kind of happy about this because I will use less liquid chlorine and when I go on vacation in a few weeks I can use some pucks and not have to worry too much about the rise with the CYA... I think I'm right about this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.