Can a Hayward pump 'talk to' an East Touch 4?

tenndoc

Silver Supporter
Jun 30, 2013
Tullahoma, TN
I've got a Hayward SP2302 VSP Maxflo VS and an Easy Touch 4 controller. Can the ET4 be wired to work it's magic on the Maxflo VS2302?
I realize they are certainly not made to go together but it's what I have to work with right now.

Thanks in advance -

44,000 gal. IG, Hayward Maxflo vs, Tagelus T60 sand filter, Taylor test kit 2006C, diy solar panels for heating pool water, full size solar blanket to keep the heat we get and installing a Pentair Easy Touch 4 & the Pentair IC60 swcg

I upgraded my old max flow 1 hp to a new Century VS motor last month (the 165 VS).

I know with that particular motor that if you buy the upgraded century vs 27 interface, you can integrate it with some other automation systems.
Here's a link to the interface: A.O. Smith V-Green 270 User Interface - 2520652-001 - INYOPools.com

But if your motor is not the Century VS 165 or 270, I'm not sure.

You might want to dig around at Swimming Pool Supplies - Pool Parts - INYOPools.com and post a question to a listing of your specific unit...they're pretty good about getting back to you and specifying what you'd need to integrate, if its possible.

Right now, I've just "mentally" sync'd my automation with the pump speeds and run times, which is a bit of a pain in the butt.

But if your VS is like mine, you can pause operation without blowing away or interrupting the schedule by holding down on the start button for 5 seconds, which powers down - eg for a backwash.

This method is risky if you're away or someone else operates the pool in that you're not chained to the heater or swg, which is why I will likely upgrade the comm eventually ;)

If you do have the century motor, there is also the VLink product that allows you to independently operate fom cell phone.

Hope that gives you somewhere to start on tracking down the solution ;)

Thanks sw, that'll give me a place to start.

44,000 gal. IG, Hayward Maxflo vs, Tagelus T60 sand filter, Taylor test kit 2006C, diy solar panels for heating pool water, full size solar blanket to keep the heat we get and installing a Pentair Easy Touch 4 & the Pentair IC60 swcg

There's a Pentair interface module that allows you to put diff pumps on diff systems. However, you will never have the capability to program your pump from the Pentair controller..mainly you have the capability to turn it off and on, but the programming will be done from the Hayward controller...

Thank you tstex. I can do that now and it works great. I turn the pump off during high rate hours and vary the speed using the programming I had set up on the pump during other times. I was reading through the ET4 manual and got to wondering.
Thanks again for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.