Calhypo and a cloudy pool.

Jun 24, 2017
Embrun, Ontario
I unfortunately didn't close my pool properly last fall and ended up with a beautiful dark green pool this spring.

I managed to balance it with a Ph of 7.4, TA 65, CYA 40 and CH of 80. FC and CC were initially 0.

I've been adding 73% Calhypo to bring up the FC to 16, the CC is now down to 0 from 1.

Now I know you guys recommend liquid chlorine, unfortunately our glorious province is currently in curb side pick up only making hardware stores and even basic stores a pain to shop in. Even the pool store is curbside. Is Calhypo bad to slam with? I have quite a bit of it on hand.

The pool remains cloudy, I've backwashed the sand filter a couple times, but I'm guessing I just need to keep adding chlorine, but don't want to do industrial doses of Calhypo if it's a problem. If it is, I'll try and see what I can order online.

Perfect, at this point I think I just have to maintain, backwash and let the filter do its thing. How long can it take for sand filters to clear this stuff up?
You seem to be on the right path. Have you opened the filter and done a deep clean of the sand recently? It might be worth doing if you haven’t in a while. Also are you sure any organic matter on the bottom is gone? That can cause it to stay cloudy too.

You seem to be on the right path. Have you opened the filter and done a deep clean of the sand recently? It might be worth doing if you haven’t in a while. Also are you sure any organic matter on the bottom is gone? That can cause it to stay cloudy too.
Everything is top notch. The pool store had liquid chlorine, everything's clear, no CC, passed the OCLT. It just needed more time. Also added a skimmer sock, pretty impressive what that thing can catch.

Kids have been in these last two days.

Reactions: IceShadow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.