Just received my new TF-100 refills! Test results are:
FC 15.5
CC .5
PH 7.4
CH 625
TA 50
CYA 20
BOR 50
Chlorine is high because I dumped in 3g of 12.5% before brushing. Tested last evening and had those results. Test again this morning and FC 16.5, CC 0. Not sure how it rose as the puck feeder was off (using up some pucks since CYA is so low). Anywho, my question is about the high Calcium. I'm not really sure what has caused it as I haven't added any in a while - and probably not near enough to get it that high.

Should I have any concerns with a CH of 625? CSI with those numbers is acceptable ( -0.12 ).

Thank you.

The low pH and TA are compensating for the CH, so that's good for now. I suspect your cooler water temp is also helping. As we get closer to summer, the warmer water will cause your CSI to climb. It will be even that much more important to watch your pH. Stick close to the PoolMath tool or APP.

As to why it is so high, that's anyone's guess. If you haven't added calcium or cal-hypo bags of shock, or refills with locally hard water, then it's either been that high for a while or perhaps a testing issue (no offense). We all get our numbers crossed or simply see the colors different one day. The CH test used to give me a fit watching for that baby blue.

So if it is indeed 600+, keep the pH in the mid-7s. When you feel confident about storms passing through our region, consider lowering the water level in advance and let rainfall fill it back up with soft water. In time it will come back down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.