Calcium removal using MA, can you be in the water?

Contentt

Silver Supporter
May 18, 2018
Vienna, VA
We have calcium buildup on our flagstone waterfall wall and the pool tiles and after reading a bunch of thread I've started using MA to try and remove it. Is it a bad idea to be in the pool when working on the wall? MA scares me being new to a pool, so I haven't, but it would make the job so much easier being in the pool rather than trying to reach it all from out of the pool.

On the one hand sounds like a stupid question, it's acid stay out of the pool, on the other hand the 32K gallon pool must dilute it before it hits me right?

You can be in the pool. If any hits your skin dunk in the water to wash it off. Wear eye protection.

You’re going to have a hard time cleaning calcium off flagstone using acid. The acid is going to attack the FS and damage it. You can only really use MA on glazed tile. Stone work needs to be mechanically cleaned by some kind of media blasting (silica or kierserite will both work).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.