Calcium last 10%?

joemkraus

Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2019
Saratoga, CA
I have been at this house for 33 years with a pool, and while I maintained Chlorine levels (mostly), I never really paid much attention to PH levels until this year where I am religiously following TFP. In those years my pool tile have become severely caked with calcium (PH too high I think). I could not find anything to fix the issue until this year I got some paint scraper discs to use with my battery impact drive and after a ton of elbow grease and 10 days of labor got it all removed. Well mostly, but 90% better, and wife is amazed at the difference. Now, I will keep the PH in balance. However, are there any recommendation for the last 10% to give it a shine? I read on TFP that most sealers are not recommended, so maybe I just stop at what I have? see before/after2020-06-13 14.47.00.jpg

Mix up a 1:3 Muriatic Acid solution and put it in a spray bottle. Get a plastic cup of some sort and a scrub brush and some kind of float. Get in the pool, get at a good working height with the float if needed, spray some acid on and scrub. Let it soak and scrub. Then slosh some pool water on it with the cup and move to the next section.

Reactions: BadDogPSD
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.