Hello everyone, here are my numbers.
CL 8 (maintained with liquid CL)
CC 0
CYA 50
PH 7.6
TA 60
CH 600
Water Temp 68*

My city fill water has a CH level of 90ppm so my levels are always rising, levels usually go up about 50 ppm per month in the summer due to fill water, not as much in the winter because there is less water replacement. Pool Math shows I'm no longer in the ideal range between 350~550ppm. Should I partially drain the pool to get my number lower, maybe around 350ppm? Pool was built July 2019 so it took a little over a year to rise above ideal range.
Thanks In Advance, Brett

There's no immediate need to replace water unless you simply want to. While your CH is slightly elevated, it's still very manageable as long as you control the pH and keep it from getting too high. In addition, the lower water temp is working in your favor. So for now I'd say you are fine. See how things go over the winter with seasonal rains which might help. Reevaluate as you approach next summer with higher water temps. Have a good day.

Thanks for the advice I don't want to replace the water until necessary. I'm using the pool Math app and it shows my CSI Index number is at -0.06 which I'm happy with but what is the maximum CH level that I should have without doing a water replacement to avoid scale? Is it okay for my CH level to rise as long as my CSI is in the acceptable range?
Thank You, Brett

You get some rain in the winter in Manteca, plan ahead and drain a few inches before a big storm.

I manage our pool water up to 800+ CH. Then it is time to drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.