Calcium hardness

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
We have been getting crushed with rain past week. I had my ch level up to 350. We then got 3 days of huge storms. I took 1.5 inches of water total out of the pool and it’s down to 300. Everything else is good. Ya has remained stable. Salt even stayed up. Does ch fluctuate easily like that? Should I bring it up again to 350 for my plaster? It seems like over the past 2 seasons it wants to be at 300 to 325 regardless of what I do. 300 is not affecting my csi. I’m in range keeping my ph at 7.6-7.8. At 7.6 I’m a bit on the negative side at -.40 bit once I hit 7.7 I’m good at -.3.

Comments concerns?

I wouldn't rush yet to add CH. You obviously have a handle on the CSI and understand what makes it tick. :goodjob: So letting the pH ride a little higher is a good thing. Now if the CH continues to drop to the point where you don't feel comfortable compensating with the other parameters, you can add a little calium or perhaps suppliment your SWG with some cal-hypo from time to time.

Reactions: onBalance
Ok. I appreciate it’s it a lot. Does ch change on its own without taking water out or putting it in? I was just wondering cause it moves a lot I fell compared to say TA with water in or out.

Does ch change on its own without taking water out or putting it in?
It should only change with water exchange. It's a little odd that your CYA and salt seemed to remain stable, but if you're doing the test correctly you have to go with that. Do you have a speedstir to help with the stirring? The CH test can be a bit frustrating to do swirling by hand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.